LETTING A CRIMINAL OUT OF JAIL!?


Image result for free prisoners

As I become more knowledgeable of the prison system we have now, it starts to seem more and more unfair each time I hear stories about people getting extremely long sentences for a decently reasonable crime. Many times people are unfairly charged because maybe they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. For example, if you were in fear that you could possibly die, you don't have time to think about how bad the punishment could be, you just impulsively act because that is how us humans work. Overall, we are all animals and sometimes we get these feelings in which we must act upon.

What I am trying to say is that we need more common sense and forgiveness in our laws. Not only do we need that, but I strongly believe that we need to focus on rehabilitating the prisoners instead of just handing out life-sentences. As of now, 1 out of every 9 person in jail is serving a life sentence. For most of my life, I saw prison as a place for people to be cleansed of motivation for their crimes and I still think it is. People should always be given another chance in society, however, we all know there are some people that shouldn't be given second chances, which is fair because of the harm they have caused. We need to check in on prisoners and not let them rot. People sometimes don't even realize the punishment of the crime they commit. I believe many would go back in time to undo that because they miss the freedom of life.

By giving out more options to reach freedom faster, it not only will help with your taxes, but also with the mental health of prisoners, the view of the system and overall just help out people who made that one vital decision, which costed them a chunk of their life they can never reclaim. Freedom is delicious and I am just trying to share the most of it that I can.

Comments

Popular Posts