How I'm "Plugged In"

My Connection with the Media -
My Connection with the Media -

Image result for snapchat ghost
TahoeBoarderz

It is amazing to look past the few years of my life and see all kinds of media that has affected my everyday life. Since I was a kid, I have been watching TV and with TV comes commercials. The commercials were always the worst part but they made these commercials as if they were trying to demonize people because they did not own any of their products. Since then, I have always seen media as a two sided shape. There isn't just one group of people trying to appear more successful than the other, but it is everyone trying to make themselves better than the people around them and that is where I believe social media and all media comes into play. With platforms like snap chat and Instagram, people are able to share their daily "flexes" on these apps where they hope to gain recognition. Not only do they hope to gain exposure but they also want to be better than the person before them. Companies go after companies just to seem more superior and all of this just causes more conflicts. Almost all media is just a race for popularity and exposure which has clearly been shown to, at least me, and many others through the word usage and portrayal of media.

Comments

Popular Posts